October 20, 2008

James McAvoy



ATONEMENT is a dazzling screen adaptation by director Joe Wright based on the bestseller by Ian McEwan and scripted by Christopher Hampton, with career bests from leads James McAvoy and Keira Knightley, the best romantic film since the English Patient acts as a canvas that shows the unbearable consequences of how one lie can destroy the outcome of more than one.

I met at a press roundtable with James McAvoy, Keira Knightley, screenwriter Christopher Hampton and Vanessa Redgrave in Beverly Hills, CA.

Yama Rahimi: Your role is such iconic role and performance that will mark your career. Were you aware of that when you read the script?
James McAvoy: No I didn't but it was a role that I wanted from the first reading. I knew it was a special film. It was a well written script from a great book.

YR: Were you the first choice for the Role?
JA: No. There were three other actors who auditioned for the role.
YR: What was the most challenging aspect of the role?
JA:That the character of Robbie was too good, almost like an angel. I had to find a way to make him human and more flawed. Once I got into the character, I fell in love with him.

No comments: