October 21, 2008

Emmanuelle Seigner



YR: I love your work but I don't see enough of your films. What is the situation? Don't you find enough material that you like or not many offers?
Emmanuelle Seigner: Not all of the films I make get released here but I was also in "La Vie en Rose" this year.

YR: How was working with Julian Schnabel?
ES: I met him when after I did "Bitter Moon" and he was nice to me since the film wasn't received well. He told me he wanted to work with me. So when this project came along, he contacted me. He kept his word which I didn't expect. He's not like other directors who want to put you in box which can be very limiting.

YR: How difficult was it act in front of the camera without Mathieu?
ES: I had a few scenes with Mathieu but Julian knew what he wanted. I also knew the real Jean-Dominique Bauby because I did several shoots for ELLE at the time. Mathieu captured him well.

No comments: